If you are experiencing issues with the GTA V PC version? If you are experiencing errors related to GTA 5 not installing on your PC, GTA 5 not starting on your PC, or any other GTA 5 PC errors, this article is for you.
Here I try to gather different GTA 5 errors and how they occur with Windows PC, along with a resolution to fix them, so you can enjoy playing GTA 5 on your PC without experiencing any errors.
It is a popular action-adventure video game played on PCs.
One of the most successful Windows games, it has also broken various records. But like any other PC game, it also has its share of errors and bugs.
The Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working, GTA 5 crashed, GTA 5 has been arrested starting on Windows 10, GTA 5 has not launched, and gamers report many more problems.
Therefore, pay attention to the article mentioned above to solve GTA 5 PC errors.
To be accurate, though, you should first determine whether your system can run the game, as this is crucial for the game to run smoothly.
In this post, we’ll explore:
- 1 System Requirements for Playing GTA 5
- 2 How to Fix GTA 5 PC Game Errors?
- 2.1 #1: Connection to Download Server Lost Error in GTA 5
- 2.2 #2: GTA 5 Not launching Windows 10
- 2.3 #3: Unable to Detect Windows Media Player Error
- 2.4 #4: Fix EXE has Stopped Working
- 2.5 #5: Grand Theft Auto 5 has Stopped Working
- 2.6 #6: Downloading Stopped at 99%
- 2.7 #7: GTA 5 Crashing
- 2.8 #8: Fix DLL is missing error/bink2w32.dll/bink2w64.dll
- 2.9 #9: FPS Stuttering Issue
- 2.10 #10: Full-Screen Issues in GTA 5
- 2.11 #11: Game Lags while Playing on Laptop
- 2.12 #12: GTA 5 Black Screen on Startup
- 3 Conclusion
System Requirements for Playing GTA 5
- OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
- Hard Drive: 65 GB available space
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
- OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHz (8 CPUs)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD 7870 2GB
- Hard Drive: 65 GB available space
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
How to Fix GTA 5 PC Game Errors?
#1: Connection to Download Server Lost Error in GTA 5
Here are the steps you must follow to fix the issue:
- Install the game by launching GTA 5.
- Locate a file named “x64(*).rpf. par” (Note: * may be any letter)
- Find the list, then delete it. Having a backup is a must before you do.
- Installation again will enable you to play the game.
#2: GTA 5 Not launching Windows 10
You will encounter the GTA 5 not starting Windows 10 issue as long as your video card isn’t compatible with Windows 10. Make sure your video card drivers are updated and consistent.
To download the latest graphics cards, visit the manufacturer’s website or call the Microsoft website and search for the newest update compatible with the Windows operating system.
Or else run the Driver Easy to update your video card drivers (NVIDIA OR AMD) automatically.
#3: Unable to Detect Windows Media Player Error
You will encounter this annoying error as soon as you start installing Grand theft auto five on your PC. To fix this issue, follow the steps below;
- Open Control Panel
- Click Program
- Click Turn Windows Features On or OFF
- In the resulting popup, make sure “Windows Media Player” is checked under the “Media Features.”
#4: Fix EXE has Stopped Working
You may be able to solve the error with a workaround. This is a solution for those who have problems with DLL files.
- The first thing you need to do is find the “error.log” file in the Steamapps folder.
- Open the notepad to find this.
- Now, you can see something like “The application caused access violation module in xxxx.dll.”
- Make a note of that DLL Filename.
- Download the DLL file over the internet.
Fixing the issue in another way;
- Press Windows + R key and type “MSConfig.”
- Open Boot and select advanced options.
- Select the 12 processors from the list for the number of processors.
- After that, you can go back to playing.
Here’s another alternative to fix this problem:
- Disable your antivirus program and run the game as Administrator. No malware is on the game. It’s a false positive.
#5: Grand Theft Auto 5 has Stopped Working
There are a lot of gamers who are facing the GTA V isn’t working Windows 10 error. This problem is very annoying.
For those who attend such events, fixing the issue can be as straightforward as updating graphic drivers or installing the latest Visual C++ Redistributable Pack version.
I hope this works for you.
#6: Downloading Stopped at 99%
When downloading GTA V, it pauses on the last stage for a few minutes, that is, at 99%.
You shouldn’t lose hope and fall into the trap of stopping the overall download. Wait a few minutes, and then it will begin again.
#7: GTA 5 Crashing
We have found a workaround for the GTA 5 crash fix. Follow the steps mentioned below. However, this is not an official fix but is worth trying.
- Open Device Manager
- Under “Display Adapters,” disable NVIDIA graphics card
- Run game on steam
- Once the launcher starts working, and the game starts, enable NVIDIA graphics card
#8: Fix DLL is missing error/bink2w32.dll/bink2w64.dll
The gamers are found reporting the DLL errors when try to launch GTA 5. Facing DLL error expected common might happen while installing any of the files missing or damaged in Windows.
To fix the DLL error, read our guide and follow the fixes given one by one.
#9: FPS Stuttering Issue
You need to use Nvidia Inspector if you are using Nvidia GPU to fix this issue. If you have Nvidia Inspector, then do as below;
- Go to GTA 5 Driver profiler in Inspector and set v-sync to FORCE ON.
- Also, enable the triple buffering option.
- Now, disable V-sync from In-game settings.
I hope the steps mentioned above help to FPS issue in GTA 5. If the above steps do not solve your problem, then try Game Booster. It will Boost the game to enhance the gameplay.
- You will never lose a save game again.
- Experience responsive Gaming.
- Get Better FPS Rate.
#10: Full-Screen Issues in GTA 5
The game’s file seems to have conflicts with Team Viewer. So, if you are using Team Viewer, then turn it off. This would be helpful, hopefully.
#11: Game Lags while Playing on Laptop
You need to switch the Graphics card from integrated to dedicated (Nvidia/AMD). Integrated graphics are generally manufactured for running small games. So, for running GTA 5, you need to switch back to dedicated graphics.
#12: GTA 5 Black Screen on Startup
First of all, make sure that your drivers are up to date. If they are updated, then well and good; if not, update your drivers by visiting the Microsoft Official website or manufacturer’s website. It is also possible to use Driver Easy and have updates applied automatically, thus simplifying the process.
Restart the game after changing the resolution to the Desktop resolution. The error will not appear this time.
This article should have helped you find solutions to your GTA 5 related problems. Try the given fixes one by one, get rid of the issues, and continue playing the game.
PC issues can also be the reason behind gaming errors, and to fix them, run PC Repair Tool. You can use this tool to identify and rectify a wide range of computer-related problems automatically.
Now, you can play the game with all excitement as before without any bugs.
Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /var/www/html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 2512