Is your Google Data Integration tool not working properly? Are you having trouble with the installation or configuration of gdit okta login? Are you looking for a reliable source to help solve this issue? Look no further.
This article will describe step-by-step instructions on how to configure the Google Data Integration tool’s authentication process by using Okta’s SSO (Single Sign-On) feature.
First things first, let’s set up the Google Data Integration tool with Okta.
1. Go to Admin Dashboard (https://app.okta.com/dashboard/home) and click on Add New Application > Web (under the “Connect More” section). Fill out all of the required fields.
Application Name: Google Data Integration Tool
Redirect URI: http://localhost/gdit_okta/callback
2. Now, time to create a New Client > Web (under the “Connect More” section).
Client Name: Google Data Integration Tool
Create new client ID: checked
Authorized redirect URI: http://localhost:4200/gdit_okta/callback
Application Callback URIs: http://localhost:8080/oauth2 ; https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?response_type=code&access_type=offline&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080%2Fgdit_okta%2Fcallback&response_mode=query&scope=openid%20profile%20email
3. Click on the Assign Client Roles button and select an appropriate role for your organization’s needs. A great resource to find out which roles to assign for your organization is Okta’s default set of security roles.
4. Now, time to add OAuth 2.0 information on the Google Data Integration tool by opening up gdit okta login command prompt or terminal and editing gdit-oauth2-config.properties with a text editor that supports Unix line endings (such as Notepad++).
oktaclientid = clientIDofOktaClientoktaserveruri = https://api.okta.com/v1/ //your_org_domain /oauth2/defaultoktaissueruri = https:// api.okta.com /v1/ your_org_domain //ReplacebyOrgDomain issuerid = issueridofOktaIssuer
You might be wondering, what exactly is the client? The client is a random UUID that Okta will generate for you in an encrypted cookie. You’ll need it when configuring the Google Data Integration tool later on. Leave the values if they are not set already (for example, my organization’s domain is sampledomain.okta.com).
5. Now, let’s configure the Google Data Integration tool by editing gdit-oauth2-config.properties with a text editor that supports Unix line endings (such as Notepad++).
oktaclientid = your_clientIDfromStep3
6. Open up gdit okta login command prompt or terminal and type ./gdit-oauth2-startup . Make sure that the URL is set to http://localhost:8080/gdit_okta. Also, make sure that the callbackURL is set to http://localhost:4200/gdit_okta/callback.
7. Now go back to Admin Dashboard and click Assign a new user and assign a user with role “Organization Administrator”
8. Once you log into the Google Data Integration tool, it will redirect you to Okta’s SSO Login page. Sign in with your username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password (t0ps3cr34m). You’ll then be brought back into Google Data Integration tool and logged in! Have fun making reports using your new authentication!
9. To add a new user to your organization, click on Assign a new user and assign a user with role “Organization Administrator”. Then follow the same steps as assigning a new client.
End of article.
Thank you for reading gdit okta login . You might also like gdit get data from google spreadsheets . Please share this article if it’s useful! For more awesome technologies please check out my other articles! Thank you 🙂 See ya!
Related Articles: gdit file not found error – How to fix Google Data Integration Tool ‘Error:’ message when nothing is selected in the query editor.