The computer has become a part of your routine and often you are curious about designing and testing computer software, you can turn your passion into a career by becoming a Software Engineer.
Today we are going to tell you in this post how to become a computer engineer? For this, what are the necessary qualifications and will also discuss in detail the career prospects in this field.
Today, computers can be seen in all walks of life, on the basis of which it can be said that the number of computer users will definitely increase in future.
Due to which the dependence of people on computer software will increase. So you can make a good name in this field by giving your services as a software engineer, so let us know first of all.
In this post, we’ll explore:
- 1 Who is a Software Engineer?
- 2 What are the works of a Software Engineer?
- 3 How to Become a Software Engineer?
- 4 Future Prospects of a Software Engineer
- 5 Salary by Software Engineer
- 6 Major companies hiring Software Engineer
- 7 Characteristics of a Software Engineer?
- 8 Benefits of becoming a software engineer
- 9 Difference between software engineer and software developer
- 10 What have you learned?
Who is a Software Engineer?
Software Engineers are professionals whose work ranges from designing, testing and maintaining a software to its development. This job can be done as a freelancer and a job. And you can also start by creating your own software development company. .
In this work, any software can be designed & created using the principles of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering.
Also, the job of these professionals is to manage any business software or software used for personal use.
This is a technical field, in which a person needs a degree to make a career and provide his services.
What are the works of a Software Engineer?
While working for a company or organization, the job of a software engineer can be to make video games, prepare internet applications or to test and operate computer networks .
Apart from this, the software engineer in a company can be given the responsibility of testing and managing computer software. Let us know for what tasks a software engineer is hired by the company.
Software engineering functions on the basis of jobs
Web Developer: A software engineer can serve web development in any company, business. For which Java, PHP, Python, Angular, C, C ++, C # etc. programming languages are used by web developer. With which it works to develop the website or add new features to the websites.
Business Information Analyst: Companies can hire a software engineer as an analyst. So that the software engineer can use the data received from software and computer systems for research and planning to solve any problem in business or to get new ideas.
Information Security Analyst: Given the ability of a software engineer to perform security audits by assigning them the responsibility of protecting the company’s data, a security analyst can be tasked to reduce risk.
Database Adminitstrator: Companiescan also be given the responsibility of managingthe database or making changes in the structure of data and preparing its backup. If the software engineer has knowledge of database languages, then services can be provided by a software engineer as database administrator.
Computer System Analyst: By keeping a deep knowledge of hardware and software , a software engineer can help in better utilization of his resources in a company or business. Therefore, looking at the need of technical infrastructure, a software engineer can do research, design and installation work in computing.
How to Become a Software Engineer?
To become a professional software engineer in future, it is mandatory to fulfill the criteria given below.
- You must have passed 12th with Science Subject (PCM) from a recognized school.
- For admission in B.Tech/BE for degree, diploma in Software Engineering, at least 55% marks should be in 12th standard .
- To do M.Tech in Software Engineering, you must have a minimum of 50 percent marks with a passing certificate of graduation level.
- Also it is mandatory to pass in the entrance exam required for degree or diploma.
Future Prospects of a Software Engineer
There is a lot of potential in this field from the point of view of employment. Because, software engineering is a part of the IT industry and as a software engineer, the role of a person in a company can be to develop new software or make changes to the old software as per the requirement and maintenance of computer software.
The benefit of increasing use of computer systems is also very beneficial for a software engineer in this era. Due to which he can give his services from a bank to startups.
Below are the names of some of the major areas where services can be rendered as software engineers.
- IT Companies
- Non-IT Companies
Not only this, along with getting a job, a skilled software engineer can also give his services as a self-employed. Due to the increasing trend of the Internet, there are many freelancing websites . Where companies pay a lot of money to software engineers for their work. So in this way even a software engineer as freelancer can give his services to the people.
Salary by Software Engineer
Salary in this field is determined on the basis of increasing experience and skills in the field of work. Generally, the annual salary package of a fresher software engineer is up to three and a half lakh.
A mid-range software engineer has a salary of up to 6,50,000. At the same time, professionals with 10 years of experience in this field have a very good package.
Note : – Here is the approximate annual income of the software engineer. This salary may vary depending on the companies and work experience.
Major companies hiring Software Engineer
- HCL Technologies
- Juniper Networks
- Hexaware Technologies Limited (HTL)
- International Business Machine (IBM)
Characteristics of a Software Engineer?
Some qualities are found in a good software engineer, which are as follows.
- A software engineer should act in a way that benefits the customer as well as the employee.
- The software engineer should have the ability to develop and promote the software, and to promote and approach them.
- The nature of a software engineer should be helpful, especially qualifying for teamwork.
Benefits of becoming a software engineer
- As a software engineer, you have the opportunity to work as a freelancer while giving your services to any multinational company.
- Many experienced and skilled software engineers have job opportunities not only in India but also abroad.
- In terms of earnings, software engineering is considered a good career. Where professionals get a good salary package, according to reports, the growth rate of jobs in this field is going to increase in the coming time.
- So along with these advantages that a software has to offer, it is not easy to face the challenges by becoming a software engineer. It is very important for you to always be updated by staying connected with technology.
- Also, due to the pressure to complete the work at the right time, the work of a software engineer becomes stressful at times.
Difference between software engineer and software developer
- One of the main differences between these two is that software engineers develop tools to make software. The same software developer develops any software with the help of tools created by him.
- Software engineers have the ability to work on a large scale, software engineers can perform the tasks of a software developer. However, in comparison the scope of software developer is very limited.
- Software engineers usually do teamwork, while software development can be done by one person.
- A software engineer has knowledge of the hardware components of a computer. So they work with those components, on the other hand, software developers have the ability to create an application program.
What have you learned?
In this article, we have given you complete information about the software engineer. You know who is a software engineer, what are the functions of a software engineer?
Also, you learned how to become a software engineer, how much educational qualifications are required for this?
We hope that this article will prove useful to you and you will like it.